4.5.08

Poetry





Ah the wonderful wonderfulness of poetry this post full of your poems my poems all of them big and small
Walt dear Walt how I love you. My favorite poet Walt Whitman such strange character and I love you for that he was so off beat and UNIQUE!!

Heres an excert from one of his poems "Song of Myself"
SONG OF MYSELF
I CELEBRATE myself, and sing myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.

I loafe and invite my soul,
I lean and loafe at my ease observing a spear of summer grass.

How beautiful was that for the whole poem go to:
http://www.princeton.edu/~batk/logr/log_026.html

So as you read "Song of Myself" think, think of how content and happy Walt is with himself why aren't we all like that why do care so much what others think why are we so self consious caught in this materialistic world of everything fake. Try you don't have to but some time now or later be content with you because you are unique so be happy. And observe natures beauty oserve a spear of summer grass.

No comments: